Mom, Digital Creator, and Interior Designer Liza Prideaux has her creative plate full! We caught up with the Mom of three to chat inspiration and where she finds her Happy Place...
What Inspires Your Interior Design?
I find so much inspiration on Instagram and Pinterest, for example If I want some ideas on something specific I'll head to instagram and type a specific hashtag in to find some ideas. I also love going to thrift and antique shops, It's really fun mixing old and new styles.
How Do You Create a Happy Space, In Your Design Process?
I start with a colour theme, then I like to pick a few main features for the room. I love to play around with different textures, fabrics and art work to bring a room together and make it feel homey.
Where is your Happy Place At Home?
My bed! Being a mum of 3 boys can be exhausting so I really enjoy getting into bed quite early in the evening and watching movies or our favourite tv shows. We recently decorated our room and bought a bigger bed so all of the boys can join us for movie nights on the weekend too. It is so cute!!
Our bedroom favorites at the moment are:
1. Our new super king sized bed, we actually had a double bed before this and wow it feels like an absolute luxury now having such a big bed. I adore the upholstered design, it adds a sense of luxury.
2. Lighting - Lighting is so important and I read once that you should have five sources of light in one room! Seems like a lot but if you look around you'll probably see more sources than you thought. Our main light is an antique brass shaded chandelier from Wayfair and it's the perfect finishing touch to our room.
3. Storage is so important and we actually did an Ikea hack in our room using the PAX system for clothing storage of course but also a way to hide our TV. In our last home we hid my vanity in there too!
4. Making a statement - We did this by adding a huge arched mirror in the room. It bounces light around the room and makes it appear bigger too.
5. Upcycling - We upcycled an old vanity table to suit our decor style. I love thrifting and always look for vintage pieces to work in our home to make it unique.
Shop The Weigthless Waffle Robe in Wheat